Becoming a Funding Partner
Funding Partners -- those foundations and corporate giving programs that annually contribute general or program grants -- are GIH's primary source of income, supplemented by fees for meetings, publications, and special projects. This year, over 240 Funding Partners across the country supported GIH in its efforts to help grantmakers improve the health of all people. Support from Funding Partners is instrumental in allowing GIH to address the needs of the many grantmakers, both new and established, who rely on us for continuing education programs, materials, strategic advice, and technical assistance throughout the year. While GIH exists to serve the entire field of health philanthropy, Funding Partners receive select services and benefits not available to others, such as:
- Webinars on timely issues of interest to health funders;
- Funder Networks that help funders connect with colleagues with similar interests;
- E-Forums to pose questions, request technical assistance, solicit feedback, or pass along relevant articles or announcements to colleagues;
- Reduced rates for the Annual Conference on Health Philanthropy, Fall Forum, The Art & Science of Health Grantmaking and other national meetings;
- Invitation Only Events with preferential access to forums such as strategy sessions, site visits, and other special events;
- Technical Assistance for requests for strategic guidance and assistance;
- Institutional profiles and prominent listings of activities in the GIH Bulletin, GIH's monthly electronic newsletter; and
- Periodic publications and monthly subscription of the electronic GIH Bulletin, free of charge.
Recommended levels of support are based upon foundation assets and giving patterns, and are commensurate with requests to foundations of similar structure and size. Funding Partner status is specifically limited to organizations whose primary function and activity is charitable grantmaking to multiple individuals or organizations. For more information, please contact: Meryl Dann at 202.452.8331 or by email.