Leveraging the BP Settlement Health Outreach Program to Address Disparities in the Gulf Coast
April 23, 2013 3:00 pm Eastern Time
Tuesday April 23 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern/2:00 p.m Central/1:00 p.m. Mountain/Noon Pacific
- Bernard Goldstein, University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences
- Eric Baumgartner, Louisiana Public Health Institute
- Jennifer Langhinrichsen-Rohling, University of South Alabama
- Maureen Lichtveld, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Edmund Giering, Baton Rouge Area Foundation
As part of the Deepwater Horizon Medical Benefits Class Action Settlement, BP is providing $105 million over five years to fund the Gulf Region Health Outreach Program to address health disparities in the Gulf. Funding from the program will focus on building infrastructure and capacity to expand access to health care in underserved areas, address behavioral health needs, train community health workers, and improve environmental health capacity and literacy in the region. Join this webinar to learn more about the opportunities for funders to leverage the BP investment to promote health among those affected by the oil spill.
To register, click here.