Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
October 30, 2013 1:00 pm Eastern Time
Wednesday, October 30 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern/Noon Central/11:00 a.m. Mountain/10:00 a.m. Pacific
- Jeff Kim, The California Wellness Foundation
- Angie Schwartz, Alliance for Children's Rights
- Steven Wallace, University of California, Los Angeles Center for Health Policy Research
- Pat White, The New York Community Trust
- Jeanette Zelhof and Barbara Graves-Poller, MFY Legal Services' Kinship Caregivers Law Project
In the United States, three million children are being cared for by a grandparent, a figure that has been on the rise. When grandparents assume this responsibility, they often take on added financial and legal responsibilities, too, and with little outside assistance. This webinar provided opportunities for participants to learn about two foundation efforts and how they are working to identify and meet the economic, social, and health needs of grandparents who are raising their grandchildren.
Log in to the Funding Partner Portal to access archived webinars.