"A Healthy America" Funders' Meeting
***If you were unable to attend the A Healthy America Funders' Meeting, you may view the video now by clicking here.***
On Monday, September 16, Dr. Harvey V. Fineberg, president of the Institute of Medicine, and Faith Mitchell, president and CEO of Grantmakers In Health, invite you to learn about a new public health movement that aims to harness the full power of the media to improve the future health of the nation.
Please join us Monday, September 16 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the Institute of Medicine, 500 5th Street, NW, Washington DC.
To view the live webcast of the event, please click here.
A Healthy America tackles the growing public health challenges head-on by bringing together the unrivaled expertise of the Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academy of Sciences and the world’s most respected independent voice on matters of health, with The Public Good Projects, a new nonprofit founded by former HBO executive John Hoffman. Mr. Hoffman is the executive producer of the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning HBO public health campaigns Addiction, The Alzheimer’s Project, and The Weight of the Nation.
Among those speaking about A Healthy America will be:
- Harvey Fineberg, President, Institute of Medicine
- Faith Mitchell, President and CEO, Grantmakers In Health
- John Hoffman, Founder and CEO, The Public Good Projects
- Caya Lewis, Counselor to Secretary Sebelius for Science and Public Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Tony Iton, Senior Vice President of Healthy Communities, The California Endowment
- Gayle Ober, Executive Director, The George Family Foundation
- Susannah Fox, Associate Director, Digital Strategy, Pew Research Center
- Megan Matthews, Director, Communications, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
The goal of this event is to inform community, state, regional, and national funders about the process of building A Healthy America, and explore the varied roles that all foundations can play in this new movement.
For more information on A Healthy America, including a downloadable prospectus, visit http://www.publicgoodprojects.org/gih.
Questions? Contact GIH Program Associate Nicole Dreisbach at email@example.com.