Vice President of Housing ServicesCategory: Executive
Foundation/Organization: Health Trust
Location: San Jose, California
Date Posted: 09/18/2017
DEPARTMENT: Housing Services
Under the general supervision of the Senior Vice President of Programs, the Vice President of Housing provides overall management of the Housing Services department; including supervision of staff, developing and monitoring the budget, developing and implementing policies and procedures, participating in obtaining ongoing funding/grants to support Housing Services. Responsible for assisting with contract negotiations, and ensuring contract compliance, data collection, and reporting; Maintains adequate monitoring and reporting systems to ensure the adequacy, quality, and timeliness of program services; including participating in Quality Improvement and Quality Management activities; will participate on various community collaborations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages day-to-day operations of the Housing Services Program.
- Ensures compliance with HUD and Fair Housing contract requirements.
- Assists in managing program performance through development and monitoring of outcome measures and statistics. Develops and implements plans to correct the identified deficiencies.
- Responsible for data collection and reports pertaining to activities of the program’s outcomes, demographics and as required by funders.
- Develops and/or recommends program specific policies and procedures in collaboration with the managers; seeks appropriate approval; implements and revises policies and procedures as required by standard or as directed.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable state, federal and local housing laws and regulations.
- In collaboration with the managers, develops annual program budget and work plan. Is accountable for performance to program budget and work plan
- Participates in development, negotiation and implementation of vendor/customer/payor contracts.
- Identify community need for existing and new services related to clients’ housing needs; implements program modifications or enhancements as needed.
- Networks with community and is current on issues and activities which occur locally and on the state and national level as they relate to housing.
- Establish and maintain relationships with funders and partners in housing programs, this may include presenting on housing services offered.
- Supervises all Housing Services staff and volunteers and is responsible for coordinating program orientation and ongoing in-service education for housing staff to improve skill and increase knowledge.
- Assures staff participation in required training programs and compliance with safety rules and incident reporting requirements.
- In accordance with personnel policies and procedures is responsible for hiring new staff, managing employee relations and taking disciplinary action including employee terminations. Recommends salary increases,and is responsible for completion of all housing staff performance evaluations; responsible for approving leaves and time cards.
- Conducts regular staff meetings, to include the communication of and training of program policies and procedures.
- Assures appropriate number and skill level of staff to meet service needs.
- Responsible for staff retention activities
- Actively models and communicates the mission and vision and supports a corporate culture of empowerment, team development and open communication.
- Attends required trainings to maintain current knowledge and to develop increased expertise in the area of housing.
- Models the agency philosophy of continuous performance improvement and assures the Continuous Improvement and Quality Improvement needs of the program are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Duties are performed in a combination of office and field settings.
- Local travel required.
- Must be available to work some evenings.
- Car available for daily use with valid driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by the State of California.
- Annual Tuberculosis test required.
- Employment background screening required
Reports to Senior Vice President of Programs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in health or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of recent progressively responsible administrative management/supervisory experience.
- Experience in the area of non-profit housing and/or housing for people with disabilities.
- Experience with subsidized Housing programs preferred.
- Experience in grant management preferred.
- Experience with fiscal management preferred.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE OF AND ABILITY TO:
- Ability to build collaborative relationships in the delivery of services in the public and private sector, including both nonprofit and for profit organizations.
- Ability to manage grants.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, prioritize and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership for subordinate personnel and to develop and maintain a wide variety of internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret complex rules and regulations and laws.
- Ability to supervise staff and manage work activities.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local housing laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office Products and Google Apps (Gmail, Contacts, Calendar).
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as our exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities.
To apply please visit: www.healthtrust.org/careers