Program Officer for CaregivingCategory: Program Staff
Foundation/Organization: The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York
Location: Buffalo, NY
Date Posted: 01/04/2018
The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York, an independent, private foundation dedicated to improving the health and health care of the people and communities of western and central New York, is seeking a mission-driven Program Officer to join their passionate and engaged team.
Under the direction of the President, the newly-created program officer role contributes to the team achieving the strategic vision and goals of the Foundation, focusing on Caregiving for older adults.
The Program Officer will be responsible for the development of Caregiving programs and initiatives for older adults. The Program Officer has responsibility for researching, creating, coordinating and implementing strategic initiatives that support the Foundation’s mission. The Program Officer will regularly interact with team members, consultants, current grantees, potential grantees, grant-making colleagues, health care leaders and members of the community. He or she will professionally represent the Foundation and will establish collaborative relationships within the communities served, identify potential strategic partners and nurture relationships to further the Foundation’s priorities.
The position will be located in Buffalo, NY. Regular travel among the 16 counties of Western and Central New York, as well as periodic statewide and national travel, is required. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with necessary insurance is required.
The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity and community advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred in Social Work, Health Administration, Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field
- Specific knowledge of the older adult caregiving population strongly preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in health care and/or community-based health and human services
- Ability to multitask
- Collaborative management style, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into practical applications
- Passion for the Health Foundation’s mission
- Broad knowledge of health and community issues in Western and Central New York
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to Jenna Regan, senior search consultant with Performance Management Partners, Inc.: email@example.com.
To read the full job description, click here.
For more information about the Health Foundation, visit hfwcny.org.
For more information: