Cities & Counties Program OfficerCategory: Program Staff
Location: Hartford, CT
Date Posted: 03/30/2017
The mission of the Aetna Foundation/Corporate Public Involvement is to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve, while contributing to corporate business strategies through strategic philanthropy.
Develop and implement philanthropic and civic leadership initiatives on select issues of strategic importance to Aetna and its business communities.
- Develops and manages program and operational strategies to guide Aetna's philanthropic giving and activities.
- Under guidance of program officers and/or unit head, develops, implements, and promotes corporate public involvement initiatives that achieve leveraged use of resources to maximize impact on business objectives.
- Serves as a resource to business and staff colleagues regarding the financial and corporate citizenship implications of business issues and decisions.
- Collaborates with internal constituents to most effectively utilize and leverage Aetna's giving and corporate citizenship with key audiences important to Aetna's businesses.
- Represents (and assists business colleagues in representing) the company with external constituencies concerned with philanthropic and corporate citizenship initiatives.
- Manages special projects and programs as assigned.
- Manages staff and budget allocated to assigned program portfolio.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
- 5-7 Years of Project Management and Operations experience
- Prior experience with Grant Management Systems
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
For more information, contact: