Operations Specialist I (Job Number: 581829)Category: Administrative Staff
Foundation/Organization: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Oakland, CA
Date Posted: 04/21/2017
• Under general supervision, creates narrative and quantitative reports in response to routine and custom reporting requests to meet informational requirements of KP management and/or external agencies and organizations for critical financial, departmental or operational analyses.
• Assists with identifying requirements for end-user systems applications, developing specifications of data, maintains specialized databases/tables and oversees processes and access to safeguard data integrity.
• Tracks and analyzes monthly national financial reports; consolidates and analyzes for trends.
• Participates in various special projects.
• Interacts with KP executives and employees across multiple organizations, as well as external representatives, serving as a liaison for the department/function to discuss complex administrative matters, business processes, and project activities to facilitate department goal attainment.
• Coordinates project work schedules to meet client expectations and raises conflicting deadlines to management's attention.
• Provides complex administrative and project support to the department heads and senior management using intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, MS Project and/or PowerPoint).
• Other duties as assigned.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40 Shift: Day Working Days: Mon - Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00AM Working Hours End: 5:00PM
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular Employee Group (Union Affiliation): Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services Public Department Name: Government Relations
Travel: No Job Eligible for Benefits: Yes
• Minimum five (5) years of administrative and operational support within a specific functional level with increasing scope and discretion.
• Minimum two (2) years of functional analytical experience.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Ability to apply and use thorough knowledge of KP's policies, practices, business processes, techniques, work standards and systems.
• Uses acquired knowledge of industry practices and standards.
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel to compile and create moderately complex spreadsheets and reports.
• Uses intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, MS Project, and or/PowerPoint) to create moderately complex presentation materials with graphs, illustrations, etc.; proofreads content for accuracy and KP established formatting.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and act on behalf of IHP leadership.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, project management and organization.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within short turnaround times and to thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and execute action plans independently based on approved project scope.
• Commitment to confidentiality and discretion in processing confidential information.
• Commitment to integrity and full compliance with the letter and spirit of all organizational policies and legal requirements.
• Ability to understand and navigate a large, complex organization and to work with diverse groups of people.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 360, Sharepoint, and WebEx.
• Experience with social media including Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Experience with website design and maintenance.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.