Program OfficerCategory: Program Staff
Foundation/Organization: Episcopal Health Foundation
Location: Houston, Texas
Date Posted: 05/24/2017
Under the leadership of the Vice President for Grants, the Program Officer assists in developing, managing and evaluating a portfolio of grants and initiatives. The focus of the Program Officer’s work is to seek out investment opportunities that align with Episcopal Health Foundation’s (EHF) goals, outcomes, and strategies. The Program Officer should be knowledgeable of the health system, able to generate insights, and develop actionable recommendations that inform our investment decisions and movement toward our goals. The Program Officer guides organizations through the entire application process, from concept development through presentation of proposals and evaluation results. The Program Officer is expected to develop and maintain a variety of relationships in the community, and a knowledge base of current trends, activities and changes within the community at-large in support of our goals, outcomes, and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of health system and systems thinking
- A minimum of three years of post-college experience, some portion in the nonprofit or governmental sector required. Grantmaking experience strongly preferred; desire to work in and with nonprofit health sector is essential
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse groups of people
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Content expertise in health and wellness subject areas, including the healthcare delivery system
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Computer literate; experience working with databases strongly preferred
All employees are expected to meet EHF’s expectations regarding foundation citizenship. These include: taking responsibility for actions and outcomes, being a good stewardship of resources, being transparent, being a team player, producing high quality work and maintaining a high level of productivity. All employees are expected to have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and are expected to comply with EHF policies, procedures and values.
To read the full, detailed job description, requirements, and instructions for application please visit our website.
For more information: