Research AssociateCategory: Administrative Staff
Foundation/Organization: The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York
Location: Buffalo, New York
Date Posted: 11/02/2017
The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York, an independent, private foundation dedicated to improving the health and health care of the people and communities of western and central New York, is seeking a Research Associate to join their passionate and engaged team.
The Research Associate contributes to the team achieving the strategic vision and goals of the Foundation by providing material to further understand the challenges and opportunities in the communities the Foundation serves.
The Research Associate will be responsible for conducting research and presenting analytical findings to support the implementation of the Foundation’s strategic goals. Research will include data-gathering, literature reviews, summarizing findings, preparing written material and providing recommendations on strategies regarding outcome measurements and program model structure.
The position will be located in Syracuse, NY. Regular travel among the 16 counties of Western and Central New York, as well as periodic statewide and national travel, is required. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with necessary insurance is required.
The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity and community advancement.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Health, Social Work, Urban Planning, Anthropology, or related health or human service field preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience in a position with similar responsibilities
- Strong research and analytical skills, with working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques
- Proficient in data analytic/visualization software
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Passion for the Health Foundation’s mission
- Broad knowledge of health and community issues in Western and Central New York
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
To view the full job description and qualifications, click here.
Qualified candidates may submit resumes to Leah Isgar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; the position will remain open until filled.
For more information about the Health Foundation, visit www.hfwcny.org.
For more information: