Director Executive of Community Health - Mid-Atlantic RegionCategory: Executive
Foundation/Organization: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Date Posted: 11/13/2017
Oversees Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic's regional community health and benefit efforts and philanthropic giving activities aimed at improving the health of the 700,000+ members and nearly 10 million people in the Mid-Atlantic region. Creates visions and strategies to improve population-level health in underserved communities with a focus on clinical care and socio-economic determinants of health. Oversees designs, plans, and implementation of evidence based interventions targeting health care access, public policy, institutional systems and built-in environments.
- Lead and oversee design and implementation of a tri-annual Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA). Develop the region's Community Health and Benefit strategy and implementation plan based upon needs identified in CHNA for specific service areas. Oversee measurement and evaluation of plan.
- Collaborate with National Community Health and Benefit team and ensure that national CB initiatives are included and executed in Operating Plan. Represent MAS on CB Peer Group team.
- Identify, collaborate and engage with a variety of community organizations, partnerships, and stakeholders to lift up local assets and further implementation of the plans. Advance relationships with key stakeholders, including public and elected officials, business leaders and job creators, philanthropic organizations and youth, to ensure strategies are rooted in community health needs.
- Work with MAS Leadership, Sales, Government Relations, Legal, Compliance, and Communications to advance public health policy and agenda aligned with our mission, and to support KPMAS Operating Plan Goals. Support KP's Total Health mission by informing and aligning KP business units to support community initiatives, business development, reputation and relationships and care coordination.
- Champion and communicate the KPMAS Community Health story internally and externally. Working with Communications, represent KP in local, regional, and national presentations, targeted boards and advisory groups, conferences, media interviews, and other public facing activities.
- Oversee Community Health and Benefit budget to meet budgeted target and targeted performance outcomes.
- Working with the Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group, lead the assessment of research initiatives and funding with the Community Needs Health Assessment. Ensure proper documentation of expenses, quarterly reporting, and annual review.
- Recruit, hire, manage and coach Community Health and Benefit staff.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of public health, community benefits, public affairs, community organizing, government relations or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of managing staff and/or project teams.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current driver's license.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of social determinants of health and commitment to advancing health equity to improve population health outcomes.
- Proven success at building and maintaining relationships with community-based organizations and collaborative. Familiarity and strong working relationships with key public health stakeholders and issues in the Mid-Atlantic region preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public policy approaches to public health improvement.
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional personal skills in influencing people, building alliances and establishing program credibility.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Comfort with directing, reviewing and presenting complex analysis, findings and recommendations.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Significant travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region required including Richmond,
- Baltimore and Annapolis. Attendance at evening and/or weekend functions frequent.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Experience in leading initiatives with diverse stakeholders preferred.
- Experience in community investment/grant proposal review and/or writing preferred.
- Master's degree in public health or related field.
Described in detail at kaiserpermanentejobs.org Job Code 640706