AccountantCategory: Administrative Staff
Foundation/Organization: The California Wellness Foundation
Location: Los Angeles
Date Posted: 02/23/2018
Closing Date: 04/30/2018
The California Wellness Foundation is seeking an accountant with a proactive nature to be a careful steward of our accounts payable, grants payable and expense reporting processes, and to assist the finance team with maintaining financial records and preparation of reports and regulatory filings. The accountant will work collaboratively with all levels of staff, external consultants and vendors. The ideal candidate will possess an interest in philanthropy and the Foundation’s mission, vision and values.
- Coordinates and facilitates the payment of incoming invoices and payment request documents in compliance with internal protocol for approval authority.
- Verifies signature certification or receipt in accordance with current policies.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of payment discrepancies and proactively resolves issues.
- Administrator of Concur Expense reporting – collaboratively working with staff to meet deadlines in compliance with foundation policies.
- Reconciles Monthly American Express account totals so expense reports tie to general ledger every month
- Works with Grants Management to import grants and matching gifts data into Dynamics, verifies information and processes grant checks.
- Manages open purchase orders and all consulting contracts
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations
- Provides support for Foundation’s outside auditors during annual audit and assists with the preparation of schedules and required information for the auditors.
- Prepares and maintains year-end 1099 information and documents.
- Prepares several regulatory filings and supports preparation of the 990-PF and annual budget.
- Participates in professional development activities .
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of accounts payable experience within a business office environment. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL and Management Reporter (report writer) or other accounting-related software systems. Experience using Concur for expense reporting a plus.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, general ledger, and financial analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency with accounting database programs.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable and expense reporting.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Aadvanced knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel), database, and word processing applications, accounting software maintenance.
- Solid planning and organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy, protocol and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to interact collaboratively with all levels of staff, external consultants and professional networks.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow and meet deadlines.
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and as organizational demands require.
- Ability to function and interact in a professional level capacity to sustain the mission, culture and best interests of the Foundation.
- Ability to understand and consider organizational culture and change.
- Ability to take initiative and develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Interest in philanthropy and the Foundation’s mission and operations
For more information, contact: