Colorado Health Foundation
November 14, 2023
The Foundation is happy to announce an opening for the position of Associate Learning & Evaluation Officer. The position works closely with other staff on the L&E team to support the implementation of comprehensive learning and evaluation strategies that strengthen the Foundation’s impact. This position supports the development and implementation of evaluation projects, analysis of data and evidence, strategic planning/implementation, and reporting on progress and impact.
Candidates will have a personal commitment and connection with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities. They will need to be able to apply principles of health equity and racial justice across all of their work. The Associate will work across multiple Foundation priority areas and organizational projects with an opportunity to deepen their understanding and skills in a wide array of learning and evaluation competencies – topical and methodological.
Candidates must have:
- A combination of experience and/or education of:
- 3 years’ minimum of research or evaluation activities in applied settings OR
- a combination of a bachelor’s degree and 1 year experience in social science, behavioral science, evaluation, organizational development or other field doing data collection, data analyses, or involved evaluation and learning practices OR
- Master’s degree in social science, behavioral science, evaluation, organizational development or other field that required data collection, data analyses, or involved evaluation and learning practices.
- Ability to critically analyze strategy and apply this thinking to analysis of evidence and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with both quantitative and qualitative evaluation.
- Skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and an ability to make decisions and see paths forward even when there is considerable ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, within and across teams.
- Exceptional motivation to identify issues, innovate solutions, and continuously improve practice.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters.
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
About the Organization
The Colorado Health Foundation is a statewide philanthropic organization that champions the overall health and well-being of every Coloradan, by advocating for and investing in solutions and policies that drive health equity and racial justice. We believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.