The Colorado Health Foundation
August 31, 2021
The Foundation is pleased to announce the position of Senior Learning & Evaluation Officer. The senior officer leads L&E support for several of the Foundation’s strategies. They play an integral role in helping the Foundation assess progress and impact for these strategies, and supports staff in the design and refinement of organizational strategies. In addition, they bring an enterprise-wide perspective and provide support across the organization around evidence and learning.
For the strategy teams they support, the senior officer is responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive strategies for collecting evidence, designing and deploying evaluation studies, and engaging the teams in learning that both informs future strategy work and assesses existing work. This position plays a key role in supporting the senior director of learning & evaluation in developing and implementing how the L&E department does its core work around strategic support, assessing progress and impact, creating learning, and knowledge management. The senior officer also supports aspects of organizational capacity building around evidence and learning, as well as creating and overseeing structures and practices for the learning & evaluation team to improve and innovate their own practices.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the following key areas:
- Expertise in designing evaluations to assess the progress and impact of strategy (beyond a single program)
- Expertise designing how to incorporate evidence into the planning and implementation of strategy
- Expertise in leading the design and implementation of learning practices for groups or organizations, with strong facilitation and group process skills
- Demonstrated ability to center evaluation, learning and strategy work in principles of equity
- Superb skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and an ability to make decisions and see paths forward even when there is considerable ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, within and across teams
- Exceptional motivation to identify issues, innovate solutions, and continuously improve practice
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight (8) years in roles that involved generating evidence, and applying that to strategy through robust learning practices. A valid Colorado driver’s license is required for travel throughout the state.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions.
This position closes on September 19, 2021
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
About the Organization
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
Candidates will have a personal commitment and connection with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities. They will need to be able to apply principles of health equity and racial justice across all of their work, as well as integrate concepts of strategy formation and refinement, systems thinking, complexity, adaptive/emergent strategy, worldviews and power.