Los Angeles, California
October 6, 2020
As a member of the Community Engagement team, the Grants Manager will further the work of the Community Benefit Giving Office (CBGO), which is designed to centralize all community giving for Cedars-Sinai and maximize its impact across Los Angeles.
The Grants Manager (GM) reports to the Associate Director. S/he oversees the grant operations for the CBGO, which includes all pre- and post-grant activities and processes, as well as visualization and analysis of summary giving data. The Grants Manager is responsible for providing support, coordination, and analysis for grantmaking operations, which includes but is not limited to, collecting and reviewing grant materials and interfacing with grantees on processing, administering and monitoring grants, building and maintaining giving dashboards to support effective grantmaking decisions, as well as generating analytics and visual reports.
The Grants Manager will be the primary administrator for the CBGO’s grants management system. S/he will carry forward the transformation of data management from a manual to an automated process to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of grant-related data, develop reports and dashboards, recommend improved tools and processes, and conduct regular analyses of all funding priority areas, to ensure the team can measure and monitor impact.
Successful candidates will possess superior analytical and data visualization skills, strong independent judgment, and a track record of executing high-caliber work, while exhibiting diplomacy, grace under time pressure, and a collaborative spirit. Due to the high volume of requests received by the CBGO, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects is essential.
Prior experience working in data management, modeling, and/or grants administration is preferred.
*Position is currently remote, due to COVID-19 physical distancing safety precautions.
- Oversee processing of grants upon hand-off from Program Officer(s) to a fully executed grant agreement
- Prepare and conduct ongoing training on selected grants management topics for new and existing staff as needed; contribute to the development of best practice processes by creating, maintaining and updating training documentation
- Provide support for pre/post grant activities throughout the grant life cycle
- Implement and monitor grant workflow processes and procedures; transform and oversee the continual improvement of grants management operational systems
- Monitor, enter, and process incoming grantee reports and applications
- Oversee all aspects of report building and data visualization; work with the CBGO staff, Finance and EIS on reporting and data analysis; Assist with preparing various financial reports as needed; update tracking sheets
- Provide planning, project management and analytical support to the CBGO staff, as needed; analyze giving data and create dashboards and visual documentation to track processes
- Leverage grantmaking data tools to design, develop, test and support reports and dashboards
- Respond to grant data requests and inquiries from internal audiences, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports: data summaries, reports, coding verifications, grant statistics, geographic reports and custom analysis, as needed
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for leadership and board meetings
- Provide primary oversight, administration, and support for all aspects of the grantmaking database.
- Serve as primary system administrator of grantmaking database, implementing system updates, and maintaining data integrity and accuracy; create records in the database to ensure compliance with contract terms
- Collaborate with CBGO staff regarding system enhancements and plan, test and deploy updates to existing functionality
- Design, monitor and maintain automated workflows and processes, including dashboards, forms, templates, and reports
- Manage roadmap planning for grants database, including continued technology evaluation
|Education Level||Education Details||Minimum||Preferred|
|High School Diploma/GED||X|
|Bachelor’s Degree||Or two years of college education||X|
|4 years||Work related experience or commensurate philanthropic experience||X|