Los Angeles, California
September 15, 2021
As a member of the Community Benefit Giving Office team, the Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) will be responsible for providing administrative support to the team and Director as well as coordinate the administrative activities of the department.
The SAA demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions, and underlying management structure of the department and of the larger Health System. This person is responsible for maintaining calendars, screening calls, scheduling meetings, inputting data, drafting correspondence and reports, and performing related duties as required.
Document Management: Oversees all aspects of the CBGO electronic filing systems.
- Oversees file management in Box, local drive, database, and other systems, as needed
- Maintains departmental administrative and project files
- Processes invoices, generates check requests, tracks payment activity, manages required organizational files (i.e., W-9), grant documents and acknowledgement letters for upload to database
Meeting Preparation & Support: Oversees all aspects of CBGO meeting coordination.
- Provides administrative support for all grant programs funded by Cedars-Sinai, with an emphasis on logistical support for programs held at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Coordinates logistics for meetings, arranging for equipment, catering and providing on-site support, as needed
- Supports presentation preparation by assisting with presentation documents, copying, and filing
- Captures meeting minutes and routine business correspondence, as needed
Office Administration: Provides support to the CBGO in all areas related to functionality of the office, enabling a highly effective environment.
- Monitors CBGO group email inbox, addresses inquiries or forwards, as appropriate, for resolution
- Maintains the CBGO calendar, schedules appointments and meetings (including coordination of meeting rooms, contacting attendees, ensuring that the required informational materials and equipment are provided), and makes travel arrangements for staff
- Maintains CBGO financial reports tracking and giving checkbook
- Works with the Finance team to ensure timely and accurate grant payments
- Processes and tracks payment requests and grant disbursements
- Tracks, prioritizes, and follows through on projects, as assigned; takes initiative in responding to present and future tasks; pays meticulous attention to detail
- Assists CBGO team with reviewing and reconciling portfolio and overall budget reports
Customer Service: Provides support and acts as a liaison between grantees, prospective grantees, Cedars-Sinai internal departments, and the CBGO.
- Processes and track unsolicited grant requests and responds to general inquiries for funding
- Screens and prioritizes routine and non-routine phone calls and route inquiries to other levels, as appropriate
- Generates and maintain grantee contact lists
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Operations and Applications or related field is preferred.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in office administration required.
About the Organization
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We offer an outstanding benefit package and competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Erin Jackson-Ward <firstname.lastname@example.org>