Connecticut Health Foundation
April 7, 2021
We are looking for Director of Grantmaking to build and execute programs that advance health equity while collaborating with a diverse range of individuals and communities. The successful candidate will support strategies to advance the foundation’s strategic plan. The Connecticut Health Foundation is committed to being an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Identify and support strategies such as grantmaking, policy advocacy, capacity building, convening of stakeholders, leadership development, research, and technical assistance to advance the foundation’s strategic plan.
- Work closely with the public policy and communications staff to coordinate strategies and activities to realize the foundation’s goals and objectives.
- Manage the evaluation of the strategic plan and discrete program initiatives, and utilize the findings to improve the effectiveness of initiatives in a timely manner.
- Provide supervision to the Program Officer and Grants Manager. Actively guide staff professional development, providing development opportunities as needed.
- Develop Program Committee meeting schedules and agendas that advance the needs of the organization in collaboarion with the CEO, VP of Program, and Committee Chair.
- Contribute to the operational and strategy planning processes to assure that our grantmaking fulfills the mission and vision of the organization.
- Develop and manage budgets, negotiate contracts, and supervise consultants.
- Screen and assess prospective project proposals, work with applicants to refine plans and project budgets, provide due diligence for proposal review as assigned, review all proposals, and make funding recommendations to staff and board.
- Lead, cultivate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with grantees, community partners, state officials, Health Leadership Fellows and Leaders, and other critical stakeholders.
- Identify and leverage external resources to support specific program directions and projects.
- Remain abreast of current research, activities, and trends related to the health equity portfolio and draw attention to new developments in the discipline that may represent opportunities or necessitate midcourse adjustments.
- Monitor grantee progress throughout the grant period via ongoing communication and conducting site visits when appropriate to assure that grantees are accomplishing the goals outlined in their project proposals.
- Direct the foundation’s leadership development activities.
- Organize, facilitate, and represent CT Health in convenings and on committees
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination and foundation-wide communications and public relations efforts through social media, printed publications, and conferences.
- Ensure the integrity of Constant Contact data is maintained by adding, deleting, or modifying names and contact information as appropriate and ensuring that contact records with assigned tags are accurate and up-to-date.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree with a preference for a degree in public health, public policy, or a related field.
- Strong systems-level analysis. Demonstrated ability to think critically, problem solve, apply strong analytical and strategic analysis in order to set priorities.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in health, health equity (particularly racial and ethnic health disparities) and public policy preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the philanthropic field and/or nonprofit sector.
- Culturally humble, open to different cultures and contexts, and able to relate to all contacts without judgment and preconceived notions.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and to inspire others to work toward achieving common goals.
- Experience in problem solving and handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced, high energy work environment.
- Track record of working on initiatives from conception to implementation and through evaluation.
- Strong writing skills are essential. Ability to synthesize material and focus on the essence of an issue as well as see the big picture.
- Well developed public speaking skills. Ability to create excitement and energy around CT Health’s initiatives.
- A strong relationship builder with a history of collaborating successfully with a broad and diverse range of individuals and communities.
- Passionate about the mission of CT Health; dedicated to achieving health equity.
- Creative, flexible, and good sense of humor
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position’s title in the subject line.
About the Organization
The Connecticut Health Foundation is the state’s largest health philanthropy organization dedicated to improving health outcomes for people of color. Since its inception in 1999, the foundation has awarded more that $68 million to nonprofit organizations and public entities to advance health equity, reduce health disparities, expand health coverage and improve the health of all Connecticut residents.
Carol Kardas <email@example.com>