Grantmakers In Health
Washington, District of Columbia
May 26, 2022
Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is looking for a dynamic professional who enjoys delving into health policy issues and designing programs that help the staff and trustees of foundations and corporate giving programs learn, connect, and grow.
If you are:
- Passionate about making a difference on issues related to health equity, social justice, and public health
- A great communicator, able to synthesize information and summarize it for practical implications, both in writing and verbally
- A natural connector, good at networking, making meaningful connections, bringing people together, and spreading ideas far and wide
- Excited about leveraging philanthropy to be a powerful force for change
We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for someone with:
- Substantive expertise in health equity, social justice, and/or public health
- Experience developing programs in a nonprofit, government agency, or foundation environment
- Experience in policy research, data analysis, and advocacy at the state or federal level
- Experience in offering strategic guidance, building partnerships, and forming networks
- Excellent verbal and written communications and facilitation skills
Who we are:
GIH is a nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to helping foundations and corporate giving programs improve the health of all people. Our mission is to foster communication and collaboration among grantmakers and others, and to help strengthen the grantmaking community’s knowledge, skills, and effectiveness.
What a Program Director does:
A normal day at GIH will find you conducting policy research and data analysis; planning conferences, meetings and webinars; fielding surveys; writing articles and reports; and managing networks and learning communities. You will also be giving foundation staff strategic advice, creating tools foundation staff can use to connect to each other, giving presentations about philanthropy, and forging partnerships with other organizations.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary of $75,000 – $95,000, based on experience.
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick leave at the beginning of each year to encourage work life balance and a generous benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance along with voluntary life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance.
- The option to participate in our Health Care and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts, SmartBenefits program, and to purchase supplemental insurance such as accident or hospital insurance through Aflac.
- Eligibility to participate in our retirement plan upon hire, including a matching contribution and, after one year of employment, a generous discretionary contribution.
To indicate your interest in this position, please submit the following information (please include your last name in all filenames when uploading materials. You should use this format: (LastName.CoverLtr LastName.Resume):
- Cover letter
- Salary requirement
- At least two supervisory references and one professional colleague reference (including name, title, organization, phone number, and email)