Greater Rochester Health Foundation
Rochester, New York
April 30, 2020
The Greater Rochester Health Foundation offers its employees a family-friendly, ethical work environment with competitive pay and benefits. Join a dedicated team serving diverse communities and working with dynamic partners to improve health outcomes, while helping us evolve and grow as a resource in our region.
We are seeking a Finance and Grants Manager responsible for operational management of the Health Foundation’s grantmaking, including management of the grant administration and contract process.
The Finance and Grants Manager ensures that best practices are followed to ensure compliance with regulatory and audit requirements. The person in this position manages the grantmaking processes and associated workflows; will be the primary contact for applicant questions; and is responsible for management of the Health Foundation’s grants system.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and preferably has five years of experience in grants or contract management, high financial literacy and experience managing and augmenting a grants management system. Experience using the Salesforce foundationConnect platform is a plus.
This position calls for passion for the Health Foundation’s mission and excitement for our work, involving a variety of abilities and responsibilities which may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Expertise in designing and building grant making, contract and reporting infrastructure, providing knowledge of institutional best practices, and ensuring compliance with federal regulatory standards for nonprofits.
- Experience overseeing grant administration activities, including, but not limited to financial due diligence, grant contracting, payments, reporting, and grant closing.
- Ability to analyze financial reports and provide written evaluation regarding financial progress compared to budget.
- Experience automating workflow processes as needed and offering strategic solutions to continuously enhance Health Foundation processes.
- Experience coordinating legal agreements with grantees and contractors including budget, disbursements, and reporting schedules in accordance with Health Foundation policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with and manage an external consultant for major design changes to the grant system, as necessary.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills as well as excellent writing and analytic abilities.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple tasks; flexibility and good judgment are essential.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of the Windows Office suite of products, Office 365, and database management systems.
- Ability to organize, problem solve, and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines.
- Judgement, integrity, collegiality and strong customer service skills are essential.
- Experience working with economically and culturally diverse populations in various venues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team with different work and learning styles, comfortable in multiple, highly varied and ambiguous settings.
Submit resume and a brief description of your interest to HR@theGRHF.org, noting “Finance and Grants Manager” as the subject.
About the Organization
Greater Rochester Health Foundation was created in 2006 when the not-for-profit MVP Health Plan acquired the not-for-profit HMO Preferred Care. Since its inception, the Health Foundation has acted as an independent foundation governed by a community-based board of directors and managed by a professional staff.
The Health Foundation has an endowment of roughly $240 million, investing $11.5 million annually in a 9-county region through a variety of programming and grantmaking activities. We strive to be a good steward of this asset, engaging community voice in the fulfillment of our mission: to pursue and invest in solutions that build a healthier region where all people can thrive.
Recognizing that health outcomes are created by inequitable policies and systems, we seek to effect change at both ends of the spectrum — with values centered in equity, stewardship, partnership, innovation, and integrity.
Justin Rand <email@example.com>