Kansas Health Foundation
November 9, 2020
KHF is seeking a new President and Chief Executive Officer to lead the Foundation into the next decade and beyond. Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the President & CEO will work closely with the Board, continuously defining and guiding the vision and strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Leadership: Serves as a decisive, credible leader for the organization while working in tandem
with the Board, the Kansas Leadership Center and the Kansas Health Institute to identify and implement key strategic initiatives.
- Board Relations: Fosters professional development of the Board to serve in its policy setting role for the organization.
- Strategic Visioning: Works with the Board to set the broad strategic direction, long-term goals and annual objectives for the Foundation and remains knowledgeable about the health needs and trends in the state of Kansas.
- Partnerships: Recognizes the importance of collaborating and works to identify strategic opportunities and partnerships for enhancing the viability of the Foundation and the realization of its mission.
- Fiscal/Investment: Provides strategic direction and is fiscally responsible along with the Board, investment committee and financial staff to administer the Foundations assets.
- Human Resources: Creates and maintains a work environment that fosters employee commitment to the foundation’s mission and supports an open and healthy culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and respect.
- Community Relations: Interfaces and establishes solid relationships with relevant constituencies in the state.
- Communication: Serves as the primary spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Programmatic: Provides oversight and leadership to the grantmaking process.
- Operations: Provides leadership on compliance, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Undergraduate degree required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Progressively responsible professional experience in the area of improving individual and community health with a history of leading organizations that achieve positive measurable results in their target population.
- Well-developed history of developing strategic plans and implementing such programs in a sustainable manner.
- Solid leadership experience, including demonstrated expertise in bringing diverse groups together to attain common goals at the organizational, community and/or state level.
- Demonstrated experience addressing complex issues and leading significant initiatives.
- A solid base of experience in asset management, human resources, investment and budget
- Knowledge and appreciation of Kansas health issues, communities and culture.
- Experience in philanthropy and/or an ability to quickly grasp philanthropy’s role in society.
- Exceptional leadership and management capabilities.
- A strong personal value system which includes high personal integrity, humility, honesty, strong moral character and respect for others.
- Must possess a willingness to work with faith communities, especially the United Methodist Church.
For more information or to submit a confidential letter of interest and resume please contact:
About the Organization
We envision a culture in which every Kansan can make healthy choices where they live, work and play. We invest in ideas for healthier people and stronger communities. With Kansas data, we know that health outcomes are greatly affected by race, income, education level and geographic areas. This affects both individuals and families – as children from lower-income, racial/ethnic minority groups and certain zip codes experience lower health outcomes and educational challenges.
To realize its vision and mission, KHF invests in the following key program areas: access to care, healthy behaviors, civic and community engagement, and educational attainment.
Bryant Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>