New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
Concord, New Hampshire
July 8, 2022
The Community Impact Associate provides a range of administrative support for New Hampshire Tomorrow and strategic initiatives, supplemental support for Student Aid, and other general departmental support.
The Foundation offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. This is a non-exempt (hourly) position with an approximate starting annual salary range of between $48,000 and $50,000 per year.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
New Hampshire Tomorrow and Related Strategic Initiatives
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Director of NH Tomorrow and Strategic Initiatives and NH Tomorrow lead staff for early childhood and behavioral health and others as assigned, including scheduling and managing calendars.
- Supports activities related to NH Tomorrow Initiative such as organizing and preparing for internal and external meetings or events including meeting logistics, scheduling and invitations, briefing materials, presentations and follow up actions.
- Supports community engagement activities that are part of NH Tomorrow and related strategic initiatives
- Supports grantmaking activities including processing grants, gathering information to assist in grant development, supporting applicants and grantees
Supplemental Support for Student Aid
- Data entry and record keeping, including transferring data from online scholarship portal to scholarship/grants management database
- Responds to student queries
- Supports scholarship renewal process
General Department Support
- Provides backup support for department activities including grant processing, nonprofit inquiries and meeting preparation.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Highly organized, flexible and efficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to draft, proofread, reformat and compile documents, reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other written materials to Foundation standards.
- Excellent customer service skills, including through telephone, email or other methods of virtual communication.
- Excellent judgment and ability to think critically
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize multiple tasks/projects, as well as prioritize tasks within projects
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and judgment
- Ability to make independent decisions and take initiative as appropriate
- Ability to work in teams, and to collaborate well with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and settings including policy makers, community leaders and residents.
- Ability to understand, communicate with and effectively engage with people across cultures.
- Belief in the mission and purpose of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Experience with community and nonprofit work in New Hampshire a plus
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the needs of the role
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (with emphasis on Excel)
- Understanding of networking and internet concepts, along with ability to quickly learn or engage with new technologies that improve efficiency and further the Foundation’s mission.
- Experience with Blackbaud products and database software a plus
- Experience with online meeting platforms, conference calling, and other meeting software products
- Valid driver’s license
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, and a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference ‘Community Impact Associate – (your name)’ in the subject line.
The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation welcomes diversity and does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of factors such as race, color, sex, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, and veteran.
About the Organization
Founded in 1962, The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is New Hampshire’s statewide community foundation created by and for the people of New Hampshire. We manage a growing collection of nearly 2,000 philanthropic funds created by generous individuals, families and businesses. These donors make it possible for the Foundation to award more than $60 million in grants and scholarships every year.
We work with generous and visionary citizens to maximize the power of their giving, support great work happening in our communities and lead and collaborate on high-impact initiatives.
Yasbel Monteagudo <email@example.com>
No phone calls please