Phoenixville Community Health Foundation
December 13, 2023
Do you want to work to positively impact the community? The Phoenixville Community Health Foundation (www.pchf1.org) seeks an experienced Office Manager to assist its small staff in meeting its mission to improve the health and quality of life for people in the greater Phoenixville region. We do this by increasing access to quality healthcare services and promoting healthy communities through grantmaking and collaboration with health, civic, business, and community partners. As a member of a four-person staff, the Office Manager will work collaboratively with all staff members on various projects and tasks. This part-time position reports to the President & CEO.
This position pays $25.00 per hour with a maximum of 25 hours per week. Opportunity to participate in a 401(k) retirement plan with matching contribution. The Foundation offers paid time off and 13 holidays. This is a mostly in-office position; partial hybrid work may be an option after completion of a 90-day probationary period. This position may be asked, but rarely required, to occasionally attend nonprofit and community events during off-hours. A flexible schedule may be possible. Our Foundation is committed to the growth and development of our employees in a highly collaborative, creative, and high-performing work environment.
General Tasks and Light Bookkeeping
- General reception duties including answering phones, greeting visitors, and responding to general inquiries
- Monitoring general and payables email inboxes
- Receiving invoices and posting payments to accounting and grants management systems
- Ensuring board, staff, and volunteers complete annual forms (ensuring forms completed, tracking down those who need to complete forms, filing, etc.)
- Managing occasional distribution of SEPTA gift cards to a small group of organizations
- Establishing and maintaining a meeting calendar and scheduling meetings with internal and external audiences
- Taking meeting RSVPs and tracking attendance
- Ordering food and supplies for meetings and events
- Sending meeting reminders along with meeting materials, as appropriate
- Taking and preparing minutes for Foundation board and committee meetings
- Managing Eventbrite and online feedback surveys for attendees of workshops and other Foundation events
- Managing, tracking, and ordering building supplies
- Basic office tasks such as taking out the trash, running the dishwasher, managing the incoming and outgoing mail, etc.
Scheduling and following up with building maintenance and IT vendors
- High school diploma and relevant work experience required; Associate’s degree or higher a plus
- Basic computer skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, virtual meeting software, databases, and online survey platforms a plus
- Open to learning new skills
- Able to solve problems and know when to seek advice
- Attentive to detail with strong organization and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills a plus
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Phone interviews will be conducted with those applicants under further consideration. All applicants will be notified of their status.
The Phoenixville Community Health Foundation is committed to the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender or gender presentation, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, veteran or military status, familial status, disability, and any other characteristic protected by law. People of color and those with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
We work to improve the health and quality of life for all people in the greater Phoenixville region by increasing equitable access to quality health and human services and promoting healthy communities through grantmaking and collaboration with health, civic, business, nonprofits, and community partners.