Stephen A. Schwarzman Foundation
New York, New York
September 13, 2022
The Program Lead will support the founder, leadership team, and critical stakeholders, both internally and externally, to manage projects and represent the foundation’s vision. Based on the foundation leadership’s directives, support strategic planning efforts, development, implementation and oversees program and service delivery. Demonstrates a strong financial and business acumen to understand the complex project structures and grant agreements.
Who We Seek:
We seek an experienced Program Lead, a self-starter, intellectually curious professional with a unique ability to make the complex simple. The individual will be measured, comprehensive, and thoughtful while at the same time act/operate with a sense of urgency, while always upholding our commitment to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. The incumbent will have a rich diverse portfolio of experience, to effectively lead, support and manage multiple interrelated projects and multiple stakeholders. The person has substantial philanthropic experience and project team management experience and provides direction and supervision to project team members within assigned projects. They will have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team and collaborate with colleagues. It is preferred that they have a background of work experience in one or more of the following: Higher Education, Science and Innovation, Technology.
- Provides critical support to Foundation leadership in translating strategy goals into coherent portfolio level projects, while guiding the preparation of materials for all project meetings, briefings, and submissions to Founder, CEO, and board, and maintain communication materials.
- Work closely with Financial Managers, Public Affairs, Legal and others, where necessary to develop and execute grants.
- Proactively promote efficiency and productivity on the team by providing leadership and support in process development and improvement including the support of processes to track and report project development progress.
- Serve as a central point of contact for team coordination and communication across functional and operational teams.
- Help drive and implement project plan for new projects bodies of work, and strategic support for specific large new projects/investment decisions as needed. Flex across the team to take on new projects as needed.
Responsibilities, Behavioral Competencies & Skills:
- Program and stakeholder management skills: ability to coordinate inputs from many people; to track progress against targets and identify barriers to progress.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to apply structure to simplify complex problems.
- Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills, able to effectively calibrate input and efficiently synthesize information.
- Strong research abilities and writing skills.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with diverse partners and organizations.
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic, and operational situations.
- Ability to effectively alternate between thinking strategically and executing at high quality.
- Proven strength in structured problem solving and strategic business planning with the capability to easily identify and communicate internally and externally.
- A demonstrated ability and interest in working independently, covering a wide range of issues, and juggling multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Commitment to flexible, innovative approaches to philanthropy.
- Proven ability to influence and win respect.
- Represents Stephen A. Schwarzman Foundation in the community.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or other advanced degree with 10+ years of experience, or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in the non-profit and philanthropic sectors required.
- Higher Education, Science and Innovation, Technology experience preferred.
The Stephen A. Schwarzman Foundation has exclusively retained Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors to assist with the search.
Who We Are:
The Stephen A. Schwarzman Foundation focuses on giving to those in need, supporting institutions that are meaningful to Steve, partnering with organizations that address important societal challenges, and an assortment of philanthropic pursuits. Steve has made significant contributions to The Schwarzman College of Computing (SCC) at MIT and a world-leading institute to integrate AI and ethics at Oxford University. These gifts support AI’s ethical and policy considerations, encourage cross-disciplinary scholarships, and research including healthcare and education. He has also partnered with Yale where he is helping to build a unique student center for social and world-class performing art events and with Tsinghua University in Beijing to create a leadership program to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st century. Steve is passionate about philanthropy and finding more ways to give back.
Nikki Biratsis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
No phone calls please