The Health Foundation for Western & Central New York
Buffalo, New York
March 31, 2021
Implementing the Health Foundation’s new strategic plan and advancing a vision that centers racial and socioeconomic equity will require an examination of current policies and procedures, and an assessment of the adequacy of the Foundation’s current staffing plan to meet the expectations we have set for the direction of our work.
Specific outcomes we are looking for include:
- A baseline assessment of the Foundation’s readiness to center equity and advance DEI as an organization is completed.
- A definition of what success looks like is established.
- An assessment of the Foundation’s staffing plan (positions, roles and responsibilities) has been completed and a plan is in place for addressing needs.
- The Foundation has identified measurable short, mid-range, and long-term goals for advancing DEI within the Foundation.
The Health Foundation anticipates this project beginning in the summer of 2021. Project length, appropriate milestones, and project budget will be established in collaboration with the selected consultant/firm.
Please submit a letter of interest containing the following information to RFQ@hfwcny.org by May 7, 2021:
- Name of consultant/firm.
- Contact information.
- The categories of consulting in which you have expertise and proven success.
- A description of diversity, equity and inclusion-related work in which you have engaged.
- A description of previous work involving assessment of existing organizational policies, procedures and structures and developing plans to address identified needs.
- A list of non-profit clients, including Foundations, from 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Please contact RFQ@hfwcny.org with questions. All submissions will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt. The opportunity to work remotely is available.
About the Organization
The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York is dedicated to improving the health and health care of the people and communities of western and central New York.
Based in Buffalo, NY with a second office in Syracuse, the Health Foundation is an independent private foundation that serves the eight counties of western New York, including Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming, as well as the counties of Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Tompkins in central New York.
It has three focus areas: improving the health and health care of older adults; improving the health and health care of children ages birth to five who are impacted by poverty; and ensuring that communities across the regions have the capacity to effectively address health needs.
In October 2020, the Health Foundation for Western and Central New York announced a new vision statement and strategic plan that will guide the work of the Health Foundation through 2025. An extensive planning process that began in 2019 has resulted in a new organizational vision statement, as well as three long-term goals and corresponding mid-term goals to pursue that vision.
Our new vision is a healthy central and western New York where racial and socioeconomic equity are prioritized so all people can reach their full potential and achieve equitable health outcomes.
For more information about the Health Foundation and its work including our new strategic plan, please visit hfwcny.org.