The Research Foundation
August 29, 2023
The Director of Community Grants Program collaborates with the President & CEO to ensure that The Research Foundation’s programs are fully aligned with mission, vision, and guiding principles of The Research Foundation. The program director will also work in collaboration with other Foundation staff to ensure outcomes and impact of grants made through the Community Grants Program meet established goals. The Director of Community Grants Program will review and recommend grant proposals, manage active grants, complete grant reports, and seek out and identify opportunities to advance The Research Foundation’s grant funding priorities.
- Initiates, develops, and manages the Foundation’s new community grants program.
- Evaluates grant requests through analysis of data, site visits and other relevant information.
- Prepares grant summaries and recommends action for program committee and board consideration.
- Monitors performance and progress of organizations receiving grants.
- Identifies and implements grant tracking system to be used for the new community grants program.
- Maintains records of grants and performance information for periodic reporting.
- Serves as an active partner–listening, advising, and encouraging grantee and program success.
- Explores opportunities to propose additional ideas and programs to President & Board.
- Assists with the development and on-going maintenance of an assessment process to measure and communicate impact of the programs and activities supported by The Research Foundation.
- Guides the community grants program and partnerships which contribute to the Foundation’s goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in health-related field, social work, public health, nonprofit health and human services or administration, business administration or another related field is required.
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of experience in the nonprofit, public or health sectors. Experience in program development, strategic planning, budgeting, grant writing, and evaluation are preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, especially Excel, Teams, and Power Point and database management required.
- Experience with grantmaking software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to create and put program materials together for President, board committees and the Board of Directors.
- Must be highly organized and can manage multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Must be able to mange a Community Grants Program.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Professional appearance.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and comfort level collaborating with various constituents including board members, committee volunteers, grantees, and other Foundation staff.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a collaborative environment.
- Possesses critical thinking skills while working to find efficient solutions.
- Ability to adapt to change and be receptive to feedback.
- Work as a member of the Foundation team to achieve organizational goals.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com
About the Organization
The Research Foundation story began in 1965 when Research Hospital Foundation was formed to raise funds to help Research Hospital provide health care services to the community. For nearly 40 years, the foundation provided support to Research Medical Center to bring the latest in medical advancements and treatments and to provide a broad base of services to serve the health care needs of patients in the greater Kansas City community.
With the purchase of Research Medical Center by the for-profit health care company HCA in 2003, The Research Foundation concluded its affiliation with Research Medical Center. While no longer affiliated with Research Medical Center, The Research Foundation remains committed to serving the community and carrying on the spirit of the original foundation through our many health education and scholarship programs.
The Research Foundation invests in health-centered programs and partnerships that benefit health care students and professionals, patients, and people in the Kansas City community.
Megan Hartwig Hayes <firstname.lastname@example.org>