Sierra Health Foundation
July 6, 2020
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration and CFO, the Project Controller plays a key role in accounting management and financial reporting for Roberts Family Development Center and support for the Sierra Health Foundation accounting department.
This is a one-year project position.
- Develop accounting processes and procedures in accordance with applicable rules and regulations, such as California nonprofit integrity act, nonprofit accounting rules, preparation of financial statements, 990 filings, third-party agreements.
- Operate and manage financial systems including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract management, general ledger and other systems required to support the organization.
- Report to the Roberts Family Development Center board and other stakeholders all required financial statements including budget to actual comparisons, cash flows, 990 tax returns.
- Manage and prepare month-end and year-end closing procedures.
- Assess and develop staffing and capacity needs of RFDC, consistent with RFDC budget and sources of funds.
- Assess and develop RFDC IT and system needs.
- Assist in developing operational policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing board policies regarding executive compensation, conflicts of interest, confidentiality, whistleblower policies and other operational policies.
- Provide a preliminary assessment of HR policies and procedures, and, if needed, provide recommendations for RFDC to source an independent HR consultant.
- Provide accounting support for Sierra Health Foundation accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-7 years nonprofit accounting experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with the following software:
- ADP payroll
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel)
About the Organization
Sierra Health Foundation is a private philanthropy with a mission to invest in and serve as a catalyst for ideas, partnerships and programs that improve health and quality of life in Northern California. The foundation is committed to improving health outcomes and reducing health disparities in the region through convening, educating and strategic grant making.
(No phone calls, please)