Greater Watertown Community Health Foundation
June 5, 2020
Ready for a life-changing role that makes a real difference in shaping our community? The Greater Watertown Community Health Foundation is seeking a purpose-driven leader committed to driving strategies that will transform the health and well-being of children and families in Dodge and Jefferson Counties.
The Vice President of Strategy and Organizational Development (VP) leads the day-to-day execution of the Foundation’s strategic direction and the development of innovative strategies to measurably advance the wellbeing of young children and families throughout Dodge and Jefferson Counties. A servant leader who inspires and motivates people around a complex set of challenges, the VP builds organizational and community capacity to achieve breakthrough results.
The VP is a strategic thought partner to the Board and CEO, shepherding game changing investments that drive positive outcomes for our community. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, hands-on entrepreneurial leader with proven experience forging multi-sector partnerships to address the root drivers of health and health equity.
This newly created position reports directly to the CEO and provides an opportunity for a proven leader to create lasting impact while enjoying the benefits of a flexible, family-friendly work environment.
Areas of Responsibility
Strategy and Execution Leadership
- Use a systems thinking approach to lead development of action and resource allocation plans to advance health equity and social determinants of health
- Develop regional, state and national partnerships that leverage public and private resources to deepen and accelerate impact
- Strengthen data, evaluation and accountability systems to build a culture of results-based leadership
- Lead day-to-day development and execution of the Foundation’s strategic direction, ensuring evidence, data and community voice drive design and implementation
- Develop and inspire a diverse programs team, maximizing individual talents in support of our mission while maintaining focus on strategy
- Lead creation of the annual operational plan and budget, support the team in creation of program plans and budgets, coach staff and teams toward successful outcomes
- Foster teamwork, empowerment, innovation and accountability
Community Ecosystem Development
- Nurture the development of our community’s child and family supporting “ecosystem”
- Foster the growth of systems change leaders
- Activate cross-sector partnerships, engaging public and private agencies in collective actions that move the needle on health disparities
- Hands-on strategic thinker, planner, problem solver – a “doer” with proven experience driving systems change
- Demonstrated track record of launching a new organization, new division, new product or new service and achieving significant measurable outcomes
- Knowledge of funding mechanisms and experience forging public, private and non-profit partnerships
- Broad experience with the full range of business processes – analytics, strategic planning, financial management, project management, talent development, and technology systems
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in for-profit, non-profit or government agency, preferably in the areas of health, human services, education, economic empowerment or community development
- Experience working in rural communities, with organizations serving low income individuals and/or addressing social determinants of health
- A natural partner who can inspire and motivate others to join you in being courageous and bold
- Exceptional interpersonal, public relations, written and presentation skills
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration
- An adept systems thinker, able to achieve quick wins while keeping the end game in mind
- A hands-on team player who takes pride in team accomplishments and is flexible to fill any gaps needed to achieve goals
- Unquestioned integrity and moral character
- Visible passion for breaking new ground to lead social change
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in business administration, health, non-profit or public administration preferred
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and a 1 minute introductory video to Tina Crave, President and CEO, at tcrave@WatertownHealthFoundation.com. In the introductory video, please tell us what inspires your interest in transforming the health and well-being of children and families in Dodge and Jefferson Counties.
About the Organization
The Greater Watertown Community Health Foundation is a catalyst for positive, lasting and measurable health improvement across the region. Our vision is a thriving community where everyone enjoys good health and wellbeing.
Our Mission? To inspire collaboration, mobilize resources and encourage innovation that measurably contributes to the wellbeing of our community.
Big challenges demand big solutions
GWCHF is a connector – bringing together the people, organizations and resources needed to create lasting change. We believe that transforming community health requires more than just writing a check. It requires listening. Engaging. Empowering the “doers” of our community to apply their talents to create a healthier tomorrow.
GWCHF strategically focuses our resources to “move the needle” on community health indicators. We value collaboration, maximizing community assets and improving health over the long-term. We invest in root cause solutions to create sustainable change.
Tina Crave <tcrave@WatertownHealthFoundation.com>