Well Being Trust
January 2, 2020
Well Being Trust is a small, but growing, national foundation with a focus on mental health and well-being. As the foundation looks to launch its 2020-2022 strategic plan, it is seeking a self-driving and experienced grants and finance professional to aid in the management of its $30M grant portfolio. This is a new position that will be responsible for at-large grants administration and work closely with the program and operations teams.
We are seeking a Grants and Finance Manager to report to the Director of Programs and Partnerships at Well Being Trust and will serve as a thought partner and collaborator with her in translating strategy to effective grants practice by building and maintaining the necessary grantmaking infrastructure to support WBT’s portfolio. Additionally, the Grants and Finance Manager will interface directly with other WBT senior leadership, external partners, and grantees.
- Oversee all grants administration activities, including but not limited to financial due diligence, grant contracting, payments, and reporting.
- Maintain robust and accurate records of all legacy and incoming data on the Salesforce Foundation Connect platform; providing technical assistance to grantees and partners accessing the system.
- Design and build WBT grant making, contract and reporting infrastructure providing knowledge of institutional best practices and ensures compliance with federal regulatory standards for nonprofits.
- Develop and refine grants management procedures, ensuring procedures are clearly documented and staff are trained where necessary on any changes.
- Collaborate with program staff and Well Being Trust leadership to ensure grant and contract proposals align with grant procedures providing oversight where needed for accuracy and consistency.
- Prepare grant review/approval docket and generate reports for board and others based on grant data.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Execute all payments for grants, contracts and vendor agreements.
- Work with Senior Executive Assistant/Executive Office Manager to manage AP, invoicing, expense reports and reconciliation of company purchase cards.
- Support COO with budget preparation, budget reconciliation, annual audit and other operational/finance functions.
- Manage relationships with parent organization as well as external partners, vendors and contractors to ensure smooth and timely payments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy or Business Administration.
- Five (5) years working with nonprofits, foundations or public-sector agencies with a grant making or subcontracting function.
- Solid knowledge of grants administration, including contracting and IRS regulations.
- High financial literacy, including experience working with budgets, invoicing, payments and expense reports.
- Experience managing and augmenting a grants management system (SalesForce/ FoundationConnect platform a plus).
- High-level or expert skill with Microsoft Office suite, Particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Experience handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize the investment of time and resources of Well Being Trust.
- Customer Service mindset with the ability to navigate difficult conversations graciously.
About the Organization
Well Being Trust is a national foundation dedicated to advancing a vision of a nation where everyone is well in mental, social and spiritual health. To learn more visit our website: https://wellbeingtrust.org/