Views from the Field Guidelines
GIH's Views from the Field are a forum for funders and other experts to share insights on health and health philanthropy. If you are interested in participating, please contact Natasha Khanna.
- Word count: approximately 1,000, including titles and subheads.
- Simple figures, tables, and charts are acceptable for visual interest, but will reduce the space available for text.
- Subheads and bulleted lists often improve both readability and the look of the final product.
- We cannot include photographs.
- Reference lists, when necessary, should appear at the end of articles in this format:
- Books and Reports: Author’s full name, last name first. Title. Publisher Location: Publisher, Date. URL.
- Articles: Author’s full name, last name first. “Article Title.” Journal Title. Volume, Issue Number (Date): page number range. URL.
- Websites: Website. “Webpage Title.” Date. URL.
- Blog Entries: Author’s full name, last name first, “Title,” Name of blog (blog) Publication (if applicable), Date, URL.
- Citations for referenced materials should be placed in the text in this format:
- The number of plans available to the Medicare population triples between 1990 and 1997 (Author Year).
The final article will be edited, as needed, to assure clarity, relevance to our audience, and consistency with GIH style conventions.
The initial draft is due at least 6 weeks before the issue date. This allows GIH the time to review the draft and provides authors time to make any necessary revisions. Authors will have the opportunity to review a final proof before the piece is available to the public.