Foundation Operations: Evaluation Publications
- The California Wellness Foundation, Evaluations and Lessons Learned from our Grantmaking (Woodland Hills, CA: 2003). This is a Web-based series in which foundation staff, grantees, and contractors share lessons learned and information gleaned from grantmaking programs and strategies. The foundation presents these publications three or four times a year.
- The California Wellness Foundation, Reflections: On Evaluating Our Work (Woodland Hills, CA: 2004). This issue of Reflections discusses the evaluation experiences of The California Wellness Foundation, organizational milestones for evaluation, specific grants that exemplify aspects of evaluation grantmaking, and some general conclusions about foundation evaluation.
- David, Tom, “Evaluation and Foundations: Can We Have an Honest Conversation?” February 2006. In this paper, author Tom David presents an open discussion of evaluation in the field of health philanthropy.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Evaluation Handbook (Battle Creek, MI: 2010). This handbook presents an overview of the foundation’s philosophy and expectations for evaluation; information for planning, designing, and conducting project-level evaluation; and case studies of foundation grantees and examples of ways in which evaluation supported projects.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Logic Model Development Guide (Battle Creek, MI: 2006). This guide was developed to provide practical assistance to nonprofits engaged in the process of initiating and completing outcome-oriented evaluation of projects. Foundation staff developed the guide to give staff of nonprofits and community members sufficient orientation to the underlying principles of logic modeling and a tool to enhance their program planning, implementation, and dissemination activities.