Washington Marriott Georgetown | Washington, DC
Each fall, GIH offers programming designed for funders with a strong interest in health policy. The Fall Forum is an excellent opportunity for grantmakers to get up-to-speed on current issues, interact with leading thinkers, and connect with one another. Funders return home with a deeper understanding of important topics, an introduction to some key players, and ideas about how to apply what they’ve learned to their work.
The 2017 Fall Forum served as an important opportunity to participate in comprehensive discussions about the complex and rapidly changing health policy environment. On the first day of the meeting, a variety of high-level experts deepened participants’ understanding of key aspects of the private and public health insurance systems that are being debated and changed, share timely updates on supporting outreach and enrollment, and detail how coverage gaps are being addressed and managed.
The second day of the meeting featured a communications workshop for funders, during which participants heard about current communication challenges in health policy and explore foundation approaches to meet those challenges. Experts shared tools funders can use in designing advocacy communications support for grantees and building digital media capacity.
Kathy Ko Chin, President and CEO of the Asian and Pacific Islander American Health Forum delivered the fifth annual Lauren LeRoy Health Policy Lecture, sharing her insights on the policy and systems changes that would benefit Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders at the national, state, and local levels.
GIH Funding Partners: $225
Non-Funding Partners: $450
The Fall Forum is open to trustees and staff from national, regional, and local grantmaking foundations and corporate giving programs.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, November 9
8:30 a.m. — 4 p.m. Meeting
4:00 — 5:00 p.m. Reception
Friday, November 10
8:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m. Meeting
Washington Marriott Georgetown
1221 22nd Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
- Fall Forum 2017 Agenda – PDF document, 125 KB
- Lauren LeRoy Lecture, Kathy Ko Chin, APIAHF – PDF document, 8545 KB
- Fall Forum 2017 Speaker Profiles – PDF document, 286 KB
- State of Coverage Policy, Trish Riley, NASHP and Karen Pollitz, KFF – PDF document, 753 KB
- Current Communication Challenges in Health Policy, Alison Betty, Betty & Smith – PDF document, 709 KB
- Designing Advocacy Communications Support, Ed Walz, Springboard Partners – PDF document, 11871 KB
- Building Digital Media Capacity, Alison Glazer, Whole Whale – PDF document, 5308 KB