Warning: Uninitialized string offset 0 in /www/grantmakers_271/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-set-condition/public/class-wp-set-condition-public.php on line 226
Thursday March 27 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern
- Mary Haley, Action for Healthy Kids
- Amy Moyer, Action for Healthy Kids
- Anne Lionberger, Chicago Public Schools
- John Kitchens, CSX Transportation
With schools facing increasing pressure to meet standardized scholastic benchmarks, every minute of the school day has become a precious commodity that has led many to cut out extracurricular activities such as recess. Ironically, the research indicates that physical activity, in fact, helps improve academic performance and classroom learning. This webinar provided funders with an update on what some are calling a “War on Recess” and discuss different policy and program strategies being implemented to help keep recess in schools.
- How Do We Save Recess? – PDF document, 2068 KB