Leveraging Federal Matching Funds
April 30, 2013 1:00 pm Eastern Time
Tuesday, April 30 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern
- Gretchen Alkema, The SCAN Foundation
- Glen Moy, California HealthCare Foundation
- David Polakoff, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Marc Thibodeau, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Sandi Van Scoyoc, HNH Foundation
Several federal programs support health-related activities – including Medicaid, CHIP, TANF, and SNAP – and allow private grants to be used as a state’s “match” to draw down federal funds. This webinar reviewed the general concept of matching federal funds, identifying the advantages, the challenges, and a few model approaches. We also heard from funders who have used this strategy, and discussed the potential implications for health care reform. Speakers included: David Polakoff and Marc Thibodeau, UMass Medical School; Gretchen Alkema, The SCAN Foundation; Glen Moy, California HealthCare Foundation; and Sandi Van Scoyoc, HNHFoundation.
Log in to the Funding Partner Portal to access archived webinars.