5 Legal Rules Every Foundation Should Know for the 2018 Elections
January 8, 2018 3:00 pm Eastern Time
Cosponsored with Economic Opportunity Funders, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation, Environmental Grantmakers Association, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees, Health & Environmental Funders Network, Neighborhood Funders Group, United Philanthropy Forum, Women Donors Network
Funders learned more about the breadth of activities foundations can legally engage in and fund while remaining nonpartisan leading up to the 2018 elections. The webinar explored:
- what the term “nonpartisan” really means,
- the broad range of advocacy efforts private foundations and public foundations can both engage in and fund their grantees to do,
- steps to ensure any individual partisan political activity is not attributed to your nonpartisan organization, and
- best practices for foundations funding advocacy grantees during an election-year.
Log in to the Funding Partner Portal to access archived webinars.
- Subject Areas: Public Policy and Advocacy Strategies