Building a Strong Foundation: Creating and Communicating a Health Equity Grantmaking Strategy
What are the foundational elements of health equity grantmaking? What are the steps towards building a health equity grantmaking strategy? How do funders create messages about health equity that speak to staff, board, grantees, and community members? Save the date and join us to explore these questions with your funder colleagues.
RSVP by Friday, May 31 to secure your spot. Stay tuned for registration and additional meeting details!
About the Meeting
The meeting will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Gleacher Center at the University of Chicago. A networking dinner will take place on June 13.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel plans. For your convenience, a list of hotels near the Gleacher Center is provided below. Additional meeting materials, including a final agenda and participant list, will be sent to registrants in advance of the meeting.
There is no fee to attend, but space is limited. RSVP no later than Friday, May 31. Contact Sarah Tulley (email@example.com or 202.452.8331) with any questions.
Funders attending this meeting may also be interested in attending the GIH meeting Equity for All: Elevating LGBT Health, which takes place the day after, also at the Gleacher Center.
Background Reading and Resources
- A Roadmap for Health Equity, Con Alma Health Foundation
- Charting a Path Toward Health Equity, Consumer Health Foundation
- Breaking Through on the Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities: An Approach to Message Translation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Commission to Build a Healthier America
- A New Way to Talk About the Social Determinants of Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Overcoming Obstacles to Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Towards Transformative Change in Health Care: High Impact Strategies for Philanthropy, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- What's in a Name? Untangling Health Disparities, the Social Determinants of Health, and Health Equity, Grantmakers In Health
- Striving for Health Equity: Opportunities as Identified by Leaders in the Field, Grantmakers In Health
- Intervention Points to Promote Equity: A Funder Strategy, Grantmakers In Health
- Health Equity and Prevention Resources, Prevention Institute
- Subject Areas: Disparities