What are the foundational elements of health equity grantmaking? What are the steps towards building a health equity grantmaking strategy? How do funders create messages about health equity that speak to staff, board, grantees, and community members?
About the Meeting
The meeting was held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Gleacher Center at the University of Chicago. A networking dinner took place on June 13.
Background Reading and Resources
- A Roadmap for Health Equity, Con Alma Health Foundation
- Charting a Path Toward Health Equity, Consumer Health Foundation
- Breaking Through on the Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities: An Approach to Message Translation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Commission to Build a Healthier America
- A New Way to Talk About the Social Determinants of Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Overcoming Obstacles to Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Towards Transformative Change in Health Care: High Impact Strategies for Philanthropy, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- What’s in a Name? Untangling Health Disparities, the Social Determinants of Health, and Health Equity, Grantmakers In Health
- Striving for Health Equity: Opportunities as Identified by Leaders in the Field, Grantmakers In Health
- Intervention Points to Promote Equity: A Funder Strategy, Grantmakers In Health
- Health Equity and Prevention Resources, Prevention Institute
- List of Hotels Near Gleacher Center – PDF document, 305 KB
- Building a Strong Foundation Draft Agenda 5.21.13 – PDF document, 98 KB