As society becomes increasingly connected through digital health and social media platforms, it has become possible to reach people and communities in powerful and meaningful new ways. These tools have the potential to help improve the health and well-being of anyone with access to 21st century technologies. How can grantmakers effectively harness the power of these new tools and create meaningful change that not only improves the health and wellness of communities but also addresses health equity and disparities?
This strategic convening of funders provided participants with the opportunity to learn about innovative initiatives and programs that are using and developing technology and digital platforms for improving health and health care, to discuss the critical issues facing grantmakers and grantees invested in these innovative technologies and platforms, and to strategize on how the field of health philanthropy can take the next steps in supporting and using these tools.
- Healthy Incentives Cluster Evaluation, Overview
- Healthy Incentives Cluster Evaluation, Final Report
- Healthy Incentives Cluster Evaluation, PBS Article
- 2012 Double Up Food Bucks Evaluation Report
- My Healthy World Web site
- mHealth Alliance Publications
- Health Unbound
- mHealth Wikipedia Page
- Area Hotels – PDF document, 147 KB
- Agenda – Harnessing 21st Century Technological Innovation to Promote Health – PDF document, 108 KB
- My Healthy World Power Point Presentation – PDF document, 1829 KB
- Fair Food Network Power Point Presentation – PDF document, 3023 KB
- mHealth Alliance Power Point Presentation – PDF document, 2747 KB
- Northeastern University Power Point Presentation – PDF document, 773 KB