GIH Healthy Eating/Active Living Audioconference Series
Tuesday, February 8, 2011, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern / 1:00 p.m. Central / 12:00 p.m. Mountain /11:00 a.m. Pacific
- Jim Weill, Food Research and Action Center
- Geri Henchy, Food Research and Action Center
- Marion Standish, The California Endowment
- Tracy Fox, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Center to Prevent Childhood Obesity
The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which covers all federal child nutrition programs (including school meals) and helps ensure that children from low-income families receive healthy food, has been signed into law. This webinar served as an update to the related webinar GIH held before passage, and included a briefing on what is in the bill and ways for funders to support implementation, fill gaps, and otherwise promote child nutrition.
- FRAC CNR Presentation – PDF document, 1158 KB