GIH Health Reform Resource Center
Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern / 12:00 p.m. Central / 11:00 a.m. Mountain / 10:00 a.m. Pacific
- Sara Collins, Vice President, Affordable Health Insurance, The Commonwealth Fund
- Shanna Shulman, Director of Policy and Research, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation
- Judith Waxman, Vice President, Health & Reproductive Rights, National Women’s Law Center
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides a critical opportunity to improve the health of women via increased access to quality care and preventive services. This GIH audioconference provided a brief overview of the ACA as it relates to women’s health. Presenters explored what was included in the law for women and what was left out. Participants learned what foundations can do and are doing at the local, state, and national level. Time was provided for questions and open discussion.
- Realizing Health Reform’s Potential: Women and the Affordable Care Act of 2010
- Women at Risk: Why Many Women Are Forgoing Needed Health Care