Cosponsored with Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems Funders.
Targeted marketing of unhealthy food and drinks to children, especially in vulnerable communities, continues to be a major challenge in creating healthy food environments and combating the obesity epidemic. This webinar explored the latest national trends and the state of the field, promising approaches to public policy and working with industry to reform practices, and potential strategies for foundations of any size to make a difference. Speakers included: Aliya Hussaini of Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Glenn Schneider of The Horizon Foundation, and Margo Wootan of Center for Science in the Public Interest.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest: Temptation at Checkout
- Center for Science in the Public Interest: Carbonating the World
- Related Materials: Horizon Foundation – Howard County Unsweetened – PDF document, 309 KB
- Related Materials: Horizon Foundation – Howard County Unsweetened Intervention – PDF document, 386 KB
- Presentation: Food Marketing to Children – PDF document, 9947 KB