Thursday, August 15 at 3:00 p.m. ET
- Christian Burgess, Mental Health Association of New York City
- Irfan Hasan, The New York Community Trust
- Regine Webster, Center for Disaster Philanthropy
Hurricanes, tornadoes, and other disasters not only cause physical damage, but also have a profound emotional impact on the mental health and well-being of individuals and communities. On this webinar participants learned more about current philanthropic efforts to support both immediate and long-term mental health needs in the aftermath of a disaster. Presenters shared their experiences and lessons learned in addressing behavioral health after the Joplin tornado, Hurricane Sandy, and other disasters.
- Burgess Presentation – PDF document, 385 KB
- Webster Presentation – PDF document, 2997 KB