Episcopal Health Foundation (Houston, TX)
Your Shot Texas has invested more than $400,000 in grants to help community-based organizations increase access to COVID-19 vaccines, battle hesitancy, and ensure that communities that have been hit hardest by the virus have an equal shot to get vaccinated. Below are the recipients of the first round of grants awarded by the new $2.35 million statewide philanthropic effort created by Episcopal Health Foundation, Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc, and The Meadows Foundation.
The 12 organizations that are receiving the first round of Your Shot Texas grants cover a wide area of the state and are organizing a variety of outreach activities that include creating urban vaccine hubs, building efforts to reach homebound rural residents, canvassing neighborhoods, establishing phone and texting banks, and much more.
- Acts of Hope Center ($35,390)
- Area Health Education Center of the Mid Rio Grande Border Area of Texas, Inc. ($40,000)
- Ark-Tex Council of Governments ($24,478)
- Boat People SOS – Houston, Inc. ($25,000)
- East Texas Immigrant Advocacy and Resource Center ($30,000)
- Gulf Coast Leadership Council ($39,000)
- Gulf Coast Leadership Council ($39,750)
- Hispanic Leadership and Management Foundation ($37,400)
- The Immunization Partnership ($12,750)
- La Union del Pueblo ($40,000)
- Mi Familia Vota Education Fund ($40,000)
- Texas Organizing Project Education Fund ($40,000)
Interested nonprofits across the state can soon apply for Your Shot Texas grants during a second round of funding. To register to receive funding updates, click here.
Contact: Brian Sasser at 832.795.9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.