Nominations Due Friday, September 6, 2019
Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is seeking nominations for its board of directors for terms beginning in March 2020.
The board seeks candidates who represent the diversity of the field across a variety of dimensions, including foundation size, foundation type, gender, geographic location, life experience, political ideology, professional skills, and race and ethnicity.
This year, the board is also particularly interested in recruiting candidates from indigenous and Native communities; from the Midwest and from the South; and with expertise in finance and investments; governance; and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Qualified candidates must be:
- committed to furthering the purposes of GIH;
- active members of the board or staff of a U.S. grantmaking organization in health philanthropy, or others whom the board believes can make a valuable contribution to the work of the organization; and
- over the age of 18.
Nominations of executives, senior staff, and trustees meeting these criteria are encouraged. Self-nominations are also welcome. Terms are for three years, with the possibility of renewal for a second term. There are three in-person board meetings annually; regular attendance and committee service are expected.
Nominators should submit:
- a nomination form, which provides complete contact information for the nominee, nominator, and reference (in the case of a self-nomination), and
- a nominating letter, which presents the nominee’s defining characteristics, summarizes the nominee’s contribution to health philanthropy, and describes why the nominee would be a good addition to the GIH board.
Once a nomination has been submitted, GIH will contact each nominee and ask him or her to submit:
- a nomination acceptance form,
- a resume, and
- a letter of interest.
Begin the process by completing a nomination form and then email a nominating letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 6. The full board will consider nominations at its November 2019 meeting.
A description of the responsibilities of GIH board members is available below. Questions about the nomination process should be directed to Faith Mitchell at email@example.com.