Deadline Extended to Monday, September 21, 2020
Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is seeking nominations for its board of directors for terms beginning in March 2021. Self-nominations are welcome.
The board seeks candidates who represent the diversity of the field across a variety of dimensions, including foundation size, foundation type, gender, geographic location, life experience, professional skills, and race and ethnicity.
The board continues to be interested in recruiting candidates from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds (including indigenous and tribal communities), and this year is also interested in candidates with expertise in public health, technology, economic health and vibrancy, and revenue generation for nonprofit associations.
Qualified candidates must be:
- committed to furthering the purposes of GIH;
- active members of the staff of a grantmaking organization in health philanthropy, or others whom the board believes can make a valuable contribution to the work of the organization; and
- over the age of 18.
Terms are for three years, with the possibility of renewal for a second term. There are three board meetings annually; regular attendance and committee service are expected.
Nominators should submit:
- a nomination form, which provides complete contact information for the nominee, nominator, and reference (in the case of a self-nomination), and
- a nominating letter, which presents the nominee’s defining characteristics, summarizes the nominee’s contribution to health philanthropy, and describes why the nominee would be a good addition to the GIH board.
Once a nomination has been submitted, GIH will contact each nominee and ask him or her to submit:
- a nomination acceptance form,
- a resume, and
- a letter of interest.
Begin the process by completing a nomination form and then email a nominating letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, September 21, 2020. The full board will consider nominations at its November 2020 meeting.
A description of the responsibilities of GIH board members is available below. Questions about the nomination process should be directed to Osula Evadne Rushing at email@example.com.