Nominations Due Monday, September 20, 2021
Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is seeking nominations for its board of directors for terms beginning in March 2022. Self-nominations are welcome.
The board seeks candidates who represent the diversity of the field across a variety of dimensions, including gender, geographic location, life experience, organization size and type, professional skills, and race and ethnicity.
The board continues to be interested in recruiting candidates from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds (including indigenous and tribal communities) and from different types of grantmaking institutions. This year, the board is also interested in change agents with expertise in health equity, health policy, media and communications, revenue generation for nonprofit associations, and technology.
Qualified candidates must be:
- committed to furthering the purposes of GIH;
- active members of the board or staff of a U.S. grantmaking organization in health philanthropy, or an individual from health or another social sector who can make a valuable contribution to the work of the organization; and
- over the age of 18.
Terms are for three years, with the possibility of renewal for a second term. There are three board meetings annually; regular attendance and committee service are expected.
Nominators should submit:
- a nomination form, which provides complete contact information for the nominee, nominator, and reference (in the case of a self-nomination), and
- a nominating letter, which presents the nominee’s defining characteristics, summarizes the nominee’s contribution to health philanthropy, and describes why the nominee would be a good addition to the GIH board.
Once a nomination has been submitted, GIH will contact each nominee and ask him or her to submit:
- a nomination acceptance form,
- a resume, and
- a letter of interest.
Begin the process by completing a nomination form and then email a nominating letter to email@example.com no later than Monday, September 20, 2021. The full board will consider nominations at its November 2021 meeting.
A description of the responsibilities of GIH board members is available below. Questions about the nomination process should be directed to Osula Evadne Rushing.