New Deadline: Friday, December 16
Nominate a stellar advocacy grantee for the 2017 Andy Hyman Award for Advocacy by Friday, December 16, 2016.
GIH Funding Partners may nominate any current or former grantee using the process described in the award brochure. Grantees can be nominated for their work in the nonprofit or public sectors. Foundation staff and trustees are not eligible to be nominated for this award. The award will be given to an individual, not an organization. The recipient must be available to participate in the luncheon award presentation on June 23, 2017 at the GIH Annual Conference on Health Philanthropy in Boston, Massachusetts.
Don’t miss this opportunity to highlight the important work of advocacy grantees who embody Andy Hyman’s commitment to principled action, passionate leadership to advance social change, and dedication to making progress in policy and practice despite challenging political environments.
About the Andy Hyman Award for Advocacy
The field of health philanthropy lost one of its greatest champions when Andy Hyman of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation passed away in 2015. In 2017, GIH will present the first annual award to honor his remarkable life and career.
The Andy Hyman Award for Advocacy will recognize a nonprofit or public sector champion who:
- Exhibits persistence, courage, and determination in the field of health advocacy.
- Embodies Andy’s commitment to principled action and passionate leadership that advances social change.
- Demonstrates a dedication to making progress in policy and practice despite challenging political environments.
- Inspires philanthropy to support grantees who fight for social justice and meaningful access to health care for all Americans.
- Advances a strategic vision that is focused on achieving effective results with a broad impact.
- Embraces an attitude of optimism, good humor, and humility in their work.