This year’s Fall Forum will be held in-person on November 16-18, 2022 in Washington, DC at the Hilton Washington DC National Mall The Wharf hotel.
All conference participants, speakers, and GIH staff and representatives will be required to present proof of vaccination for COVID-19 prior to arrival at the conference venue.
Grantmakers In Health will be using Health Pass by CLEAR via a free mobile app to verify vaccination status. For the most efficient entry possible, every attendee should enroll with CLEAR before the event to complete their COVID-19 pre-screening. Full instructions will be emailed to participants in advance of the event.
All participants will also be asked to wear face masks in public spaces unless eating, drinking, or actively presenting.
Registrants with a medical condition that prevents vaccination must take the following actions to participate in person:
- Contact Sumintra J. Palm, GIH Director of Meetings and Administration, informing us of the request.
- Submit a health provider’s verification of the need for a medical exemption.
- Submit proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test administered within 48 hours before the start of the conference. Uploaded test results must list the registrant’s name, results, and a time stamp. At-home tests will not be accepted.
- Agree to wear a mask at all indoor conference events, except while eating, drinking, or actively presenting.
As we approach the event date, we will review local COVID-19 data and policies as well as best practices and may update our COVID protocols to address emerging issues. If there is a significant shift in protocol, we will email forum registrants directly.
GIH Non-Solicitation Policy
GIH strives to create a space for funders to learn from and connect with one another; a space for candid conversation that is free of solicitation. We do invite non-funder presenters to join us for the annual conference, and ask that they keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Fundraising and client solicitation are prohibited at the GIH Fall Forum. While it is permissible to follow up with contacts made at the meeting at their invitation, we ask that this not happen in advance of or during the meeting.
- We do not allow additional or substitute representatives from a non-funder presenter’s organization to attend any portion of the meeting.
- For those organizations that both raise funds and make grants, we ask that your participation during the meeting activities be as a funder only (unless as part of your session participation).
- Contact information on the participant list is for networking purposes only. Non-funders should not add an individual’s contact information to your organization’s mailing list without that person’s permission.
GIH Code of Conduct Policy
The GIH Fall Forum is a space dedicated to learning, and it is important to us that all participants feel welcome. GIH appreciates your partnership in ensuring that the professional environment we share is one defined by mutual respect and inclusiveness, where dignity and diversity are valued. If you experience or witness offensive language, inappropriate behavior, or harassment of any kind while attending GIH event or program, please alert a member of the GIH staff.
GIH Social Media Policy
Tweet along using #GIHff and following us @GIHealth! Please note that presentations and panelists’ remarks are considered on the record and quotable, but that GIH follows the Chatham House Rule for question and answer periods and group discussions. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speakers(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
GIH Photography/Video/Audio Taping Release
GIH strives to capture the community, peer-learning environment of our conferences. To do so, we photograph and record various aspects of the conference, and your image and voice might be captured. Furthermore, we may use these photographs and videos for future distribution and promotional purposes in our print and online communications materials. By participating in this conference and/or being present at the venue, you authorize GIH to use and reproduce any photographs taken, without compensation. All negatives and positives, photographic prints and digital photo files shall constitute GIH property, solely and completely. If you would like to opt-out, please contact Jeff Barrus.
Conference Liability Waiver
I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in this event, and waive, release and discharge the Grantmakers In Health and their directors, board members, officers, and employees from any and all liability. I agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and promise not to sue the entities or persons mentioned above from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event.
|Rate||In-Person (Through Nov 10)|
|GIH Funding Partners||$499|
|Philanthropy Support Partners||$499|
Not sure if you belong to a GIH Funding Partner or GIH Philanthropy Support Partner organization? Click here to view our directory.
The GIH Fall Forum is open to:
- Staff and trustees of entities whose primary function is charitable grantmaking to multiple individuals or organizations (i.e., foundations, corporate giving programs, and other grantmaking institutions)
- Staff and trustees of operating foundations
- Staff and trustees of regranting institutions
- Staff of federal, state, and local government agencies
- Staff of national and regional philanthropy serving organizations
- Faculty and staff of academic institutions who are working on projects related to philanthropy or health
- Philanthropic advisors as defined in our eligibility criteria
All registrations are reviewed to ensure they meet the GIH eligibility policy. GIH reserves the right to refuse or cancel ineligible registrations at any time and shall not be held accountable for any outside fees associated with this cancellation.
GIH Cancellation Policy
Cancellations should be sent to Jill Skuba at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 4, 2022. Registrants can elect to transfer their registration to another colleague or request a refund (minus a $50 administrative fee). No requests for refunds will be granted after November 4, or for no shows.
Select sessions at the Fall Forum are open to media, including the 2022 Lauren LeRoy Health Policy Lecture. For more information, please contact Jeff Barrus.